Translate

segunda-feira, 12 de outubro de 2015

I KINGS 18

30 And Elijah said unto all the people, Come near to me. And all the people came near to him; and restored the Lord's altar, which was broken.
31 And Elijah took twelve stones, according to the number of the tribes of the sons of Jacob, unto whom came the word of the LORD, saying, Israel shall be thy name.
32 And with the stones he built an altar in the name of the LORD; he made a trench about the altar, according to the breadth of two measures of seed.
33 And he put the wood, and cut the bullock in pieces, and put it on the wood.
34 And I said: Fill four barrels of water, and pour it on the burnt offering and on the wood. And I said, Do it the second time; And they did it the second time. He said, Do it the third time; And they did it the third time;
35 And the water ran around the altar; and the trench he filled with water.
36 It happened at the time of being offered the evening sacrifice, that Elijah the prophet came near, and said, O LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, be known this day that thou art God in Israel and that I am thy servant, and that according to thy word I have done all these things.
37 Hear me, O LORD, answer me, that this people may know that thou art the LORD God, and that thou hast return your heart.
38 Then fell fire from the LORD, and consumed the burnt offering, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.
39 What all the people saw, they fell on their faces, and they said, The LORD is God! The Lord alone is God!

Nenhum comentário: