Translate

segunda-feira, 12 de outubro de 2015

NUMBERS CHAPTER 22

 And the children of Israel departed, and encamped in the plains of Moab beyond the Jordan at Jericho.
2 Sell And Balak the son of Zippor saw all that Israel had done to the Amorites, 3 Moab was sore afraid of the people, because they were many; and Moab was distressed because of the children of Israel.
  1. 4 And Moab said to the elders of Midian, Now shall this company lick up all that is around us, as the ox licks up the grass of the field. At that time Balak, son of Zippor was king of Moab.
5 sent messengers to Balaam the son of Beor to Pethor, which is by the river, the land of the children of his people, to call him, saying, Behold, a people came out of Egypt; behold, they cover the face of the earth, and is standing in front of me.
6 Come now therefore, I pray thee, curse me this people, for it is more powerful than me; perhaps it can hurt and launch off the ground; because I know that he whom you bless is blessed, and he whom you curse is cursed.
7 And the elders of Moab and went and the elders of Midian with the price of divination in their hands; and they came to Balaam and told him the words of Balak.
8 And he said unto them, Lodge here tonight, and I will bring you word again, as the Lord had me speak; and the princes of Moab abode with Balaam.
9 And God came unto Balaam, and said, Who are these men who are you?
10 And Balaam said to God, Balak the son of Zippor, king of Moab, sent them, saying:
11 Behold, the people come out of Egypt covers the face of the earth; come now, curse me them; perhaps I can fight against them and drive them out.
12 And God said unto Balaam, Thou shalt not go with them, not curse the people, for they are blessed.
13 And Balaam rose up in the morning, and said unto the princes of Balak to your land, for Jehovah refuses to let me go convosco.14 And they rose up the princes of Moab, and came to Balak, and said, Balaam He refused to come with us.
15 But Balak again sent more princes, more honorable than they.
16 And they came to Balaam, and said to him, Thus says Balak the son of Zippor, I pray you, do not delay to come to me.
17 For great honor you, and will do whatever you tell me; come therefore, I pray thee, curse me this people.
18 And Balaam answered and said to Balak's servants, If Balak would give me his house full of silver and gold, I can not go beyond the word of the LORD my God, to do less or more;
19 Now therefore, I pray you also here this night, that I may know what the Lord will tell me.
20 Then came God to Balaam at night, and said unto him, If the men come to call thee, rise up, go with them; however, I shall do what I tell you.
21 And Balaam rose up in the morning, and saddled his ass, and went with the princes of Moab.
22 And God's anger was kindled because he went: and the angel of Jehovah put to him in the way for an adversary; and he was riding on his donkey, and his two servants were with him.
23 See, therefore the ass saw the angel of the LORD standing in the way, with his sword drawn in his hand; for what turned up the ass the way, went into the field; and Balaam smote the ass, to turn her into the way.
24 But the angel of Jehovah stood in a narrow path between the vineyards, with a wall of one and the other lado.25 Seeing therefore the ass, the angel of Jehovah, leaned against the wall, and pressed against the wall Balaam's foot; so it has to beat her.
26 And the angel of Yahweh went further, and stood in a narrow place, where was no way to turn either to the right or to the left.
27 And when the ass saw the angel of the LORD, she fell down under Balaam: and Balaam's anger was kindled, and he smote the ass with a staff.
28 Then the LORD opened the mouth of the ass, and she said to Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?
29 And Balaam said to the ass, Because thou hast mocked me; I wish I had a sword in my hand, for now would I kill thee.
30 And the ass said to Balaam, Am I not your ass, upon which you have ridden from the time that I was thine to this day? Accident has been my custom to do so with you? And he answered: No.
31 Then the LORD opened the eyes of Balaam, and he saw the angel of Yahweh, who was on the way and his sword drawn in his hand; and he bowed his head, and fell on his face.
32 And the angel of Jehovah said unto him, Why these three times struck your donkey? Behold, I went out to withstand thee, because thy way is perverse before me:
33 And the ass saw me, and already three times turned aside before me; if it does not depart from before me, surely now I would have killed you, and saved her alive.
34 Balaam said to the angel of Yahweh, I have sinned, because we did not know were this way you opores to me; and now, if it seem evil unto thee, come back.
35 And the LORD said Angel Balaam, Go with the men; but only the word that I speak unto thee, that thou shalt speak. So Balaam went with the princes of Balaque.36 Now when Balak that Balaam was coming, went to meet him to a city of Moab, which is on Arnon term, at the end of his term.
37 And Balak said unto Balaam, Did I not earnestly calling you? Why did not you come to me? Can not I actually honor you?
38 Balaam said to Balak, Behold, I have come to you; perhaps can you now somehow say something? The word that God puts in my mouth, that shall I speak.
39 And Balaam went with Balak, and they came unto Kirjathhuzoth.
40 And Balak offered oxen and sheep; and sent to Balaam and the princes who were with him.
41 And it came to pass in the morning Balak took Balaam, and brought him up into the high places of Baal, and he saw from there the latter part of the people.

Nenhum comentário: